Sunday, September 20, 2020

INKspired #123 Colour Challenge

 



Hi everyone.
Welcome to this fortnight's INKspired Blog Hop!



Before me on the hop was Maree McIntosh, who I'm sure gave you inspiration with her wonderful creation using the Colour Combo Challenge below designed by Teneale Williams:

Make sure you hop all the way around to check out the wonderful and talented creations everyone has contributed this time round!


How about you have a go with this Colour Challenge?
I would love to see what you come up with!

Returning from a week at beautiful Merimbula with my lovely husband and great friends, I have been thinking all week what I can do without using flowers for a change. 

As Christmas is only 96 days away 
I thought I would start on cards for Christmas.
Here's My Card:



I started with a Real Red card base. My first layer was Pear Pizzazz, followed by Crumb Cake - layered on dimensionals (both have been embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder just at different angles, it was then finished off with a beautiful layer of Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper. 
My stamped images are all from the Returning fave! Christmas Gleaming. The baubles are stamped in Crumb Cake and coloured with Crumb Cake and Real Red Stampin Blends, A small amount of colour lifter has been added to give the baubles a real round shape. The first bauble was stuck down with tear and tape adhesive, as glue would not hold on the specialty paper, and the second with dimensionals. The holly leaves have been stamped onto water colour paper with Mossy Meadow Ink and coloured with a water painters using Mossy Meadow ink. The holly is stamped with Real Red Ink on to whisper white cardstock and coloured with Real Red Stampin Blends also the colour is has been lifted a little here also and finished with some wink of stella. The holly and leaves was fussy cut, leaves have been curled using a bone folder and then stuck down with tear and tape adhesive, the holly berries have then been glued on using multipurpose adhesive. The sentiment Merry Christmas has been stamped using Mossy Meadow ink and fussy cut, it is attached to the bauble with multipurpose adhesive and dimensionals. The bow has been made from the gold metallic trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack and attached with a glue dot.
For those of you that have crafted with me, know very well that I cannot tie bows, this one just happened for me today so I made sure I attached it to the card.





The inside is quite plain, layered with Pear Pizzazz, then Whisper White. The stamped images are from Christmas Gleaming. The Bauble is stamped in Crumb Cake and coloured using Real Red and Crumb Cake Blends. The dots around the bauble are stamped in Pear Pizzazz. The top and bottom borders are stamped in Mossy Meadow.




Thank you for stopping by, next up is Teresa Irwin,
Looking forward to seeing what she has created this time round

Have a Wonderful Day, KATRINA xx


























6 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful Katrina! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina your card is so pretty and I love how you added the speciality paper.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas card with the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper adding a real touch of elegance. Love it.

    ReplyDelete