Sunday, October 18, 2020

INKspired #125 Plaid Inspired Scrap

 

Hi everyone.

Welcome to this fortnight's INKspired Blog Hop!


Before me on the hop was Sharon Arklay who I'm sure provided inspiration using the add Plaid Inspired Scrap Challenge below designed by Teneale Williams:


How about you have a go with this add Plaid INKspired Scrap Challenge?
I would love to see what you come up with!

Plaid is not something I normally use but usually avoid, 
but I totally enjoyed this
I made 2 cards for this challenge:

My first Card
I started my card with a Blackberry Bliss card base. My first layer was the Plaid Tidings DSP taking the full face of the card. This was followed by a Mango Melody then Whisper White cardstock cut smaller but in the same size. The stampset used is Lovely You and the colours used are Mango Melody, Seaside Spray and Blackberry Bliss. The Sentiment strip is cut from Seaside Spray Cardstock. The Sentiment, also from Lovely You is stamped in Blackberry Bliss. The end of the sentiment is has been punched with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I wound some Gold Metallic Trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack around the sentiment strip. The card was then finished with 3 Gold Metallic Pearls.
My second card
I started my card with a Thick Whisper White card base. My first layer was Real Red cardstock, followed by a Whisper White layer. DSP used is from Plaid Tidings which I attached to the Whisper White layer at an angle and cut around the layer edge. I then used my score tool with a metal ruler and scored some lines around the DSP. I then tied a bow in Real Red Sheer Ribbon and attached it to the layer over the DSP with glue dots. The stampset used on this card is Gnome For The Holidays which I stamped the greeting and gnome in momento black. I also stamped the gnome using Momento Black once again on the DSP and cut around his hat and attached to the image stamped on the card. Colouring was done using Stampin Up Markers.


These cards have made me gain more interest in using Plaid more often, not just at Christmas time.
Thank you for stopping by, next up is Teresa Irwin,
Looking forward to seeing what  has created this time round


Have a Wonderful Day, KATRINA xx











4 comments:

  1. How adorable is your sweet little Gnome plaid Christmas. Love it 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina I love both of your cards! Beautiful colours and design in your Lovely You card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are very pretty. Love the colours and stamp sets you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both card are lovely great idea paper piecing the hat.

    ReplyDelete