Sunday, July 12, 2020

INKspired #118 Colour Challenge Combo

Hi everyone.
Welcome to this fortnight's INKspired Blog Hop!




Before me on the hop was Sharon Arklay, who I'm sure gave you inspiration with her creation using the Colour Combo Challenge below designed by 
Teneale Williams:

Make sure you hop all the way around to check out the wonderful and talented creations everyone has contributed this time round!


How about you have a go with this Colour Challenge?
I would love to see what you come up with!


I started with a Soft Suede card base. My first layer was Mint Macaron, I then embossed a whisper white layer using the Brick and Mortar 3D Embossing Folder which I then sponged with Mint Macaron using a dauber. My Poppies and leaves were all cut using Poppy Moments Dies, leaves are Pretty Peacock and the flowers are Terracotta Tile, the flowers are embossed with the Subtle embossing folder and curled with a bone folder. The centres of the flowers are Mint Macaron and Basic Black. I purposely did not stick the leaves and flowers all the way to give them more depth. They were all stuck to the card with a base cut from Painted Labels dies in Soft Suede. The label is from Painted Labels dies cut in Whisper White and the sentiment is stamped in Pretty Peacock from the stampset Peaceful Moments.


There is a lot of depth in this card giving it a very 3D effect. Dimensionals were also used. I don't think it would go well in the post without some extra padding.
  


The inside is layered with Mint Macaron, then Whisper White. The sentiment from Peaceful Moments is stamped in Pretty Peacock. The poppies at the base are stamped in Momento Ink and are from Painted Poppies Stampset they are coloured with a Terracotta Tile Marker. Both the poppies and sentiment are stamped with a background stamp in Mint Macaron, again from Painted Poppies.



Thank you for stopping by, next up is Teresa Irwin,
I know you will enjoy her creation

Have a Wonderful Day, KATRINA xx


Products Used




7 comments:

  1. The poppies are such a good set to use with these colours. You made them look so good!

    The brick well looks so good sponged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teneale, I just love the poppies, such a versatile set I think

      Delete
  2. Katrina I do love the Poppies and the way you set them on the brick background! I especially love the inside of your card, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Katrina. Love the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you added texture to the poppies a beautiful card and the colours go well together - would make a lovely birthday card as well.xxx

    ReplyDelete