Sunday, May 30, 2021

INKspired #138 Blending

 

Hi everyone,
Welcome to this fortnight's INKspired Blog Hop!


This weeks challenge is showcasing the new Blending Brushes from Stampin' Up!
I was a little unsure at first but they provide such a flawless look.




Make sure you hop around to check out the wonderful and talented creations Teneale and I have contributed this time round!

Here's my card:


I started my card with an Evening Evergreen card base. My first layer was Thick Basic White Cardstock. This was  followed by a strip of Hand-Penned DSP with the top and bottom scalloped using the Penned Flowers Dies. I then cut a square from Evening Evergreen cardstock and a slightly smaller Thick Basic White Square. I have included a strip of 3/8" 1cm Open Weave Ribbon in Evening Evergreen. The Sentiment was stamped on Basic White and mounted on Evening Evergreen.

The background uses all of the new 2021-2023 In Colour Inks, being Fresh Freesia, Polished Pink, Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent and Pale Papaya. I have used the Blending Brushes to blend the colour. They are great for larger area blending but might have to stick with the daubers for smaller areas, unless I manage to use the Blending Brushes a little more delicately! The flower image comes from the Hand-Penned Stampset and is stamped in Evening Evergreen using the Stamparatus. The Sentiment also comes from the Hand-Penned Stampset and also is stamped in Evening Evergreen.



I have added some Genial Gems, which coordinate with the Hand-Penned Suite. I really like these as they seem to give a different effect when you change the angle that you look at the card.



The inside is layered with Thick Basic White Cardstock to carry on from the front of the card, then with a strip of Hand-Penned DSP and Evening Evergreen. A flower was die cut from the Penned Flowers dies in Basic White and I used the Blending Brushes to colour with Pale Papaya and Fresh Freesia, the leaves, also from the same dies were cut from Evening Evergreen cardstock. These were attached with multipurpose Adhesive.


Thank you for stopping by, next up is Teneale Williams
I look forward to seeing Teneale's creations, always so beautiful

(Please click the button below to proceed)



Have a Wonderful Day, KATRINA xx










1 comment: